Hello, I don't have a driving licence - does this affect my chances of securing a position?
Picture of Florence
Picture of Stephanie
10 responses
James T. asked during the live chat Life in Destination to TUI
Category: Visas
Date asked: Monday, July 18, 2022
Last reviewed: Monday, July 18, 2022
Picture of Florence G.
Florence G.
Service Support Rep
Hi James, a driving licence is not always needed for the job so do not worry about this as some of the positions do not require you to be driving ☺️ Actually, most of the positions to be more precise
Monday, July 18, 2022
Picture of Stephanie B.
Stephanie B.
Recruitment Manager (Recruitment Operations)
Hi James, which role would you be interested in? Rep roles usually need a driving license, concept roles usually don't
Monday, July 18, 2022
James T.
Thank you Florence! I have wanted to become a rep for some time now, but I've always been slightly worried that I may need a licence to do the job. This is a big thing off my mind. I am interested in becoming a hotel/service rep but I'm also considering concept roles. Another thing is I am only fluent in English - would this have any affect?
Monday, July 18, 2022
Nathan W.
I was thinking of asking that question also about being only fluent in English. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks
Monday, July 18, 2022
Picture of Chrys S.
Chrys S.
Volume Assessment Team Leader
Hi both, speaking only English does not hinder your chances of being successful, I have had lots of English staff who don't speak another language
Monday, July 18, 2022
Nathan W.
Great thank you Chrys
Monday, July 18, 2022
Picture of Darren B.
Darren B.
Experience & Activity Host
Yes agree, speaking only English is not an issue
Monday, July 18, 2022
James T.
Thank you all so much! This is really helpful.
Monday, July 18, 2022
Picture of Stephanie B.
Stephanie B.
Recruitment Manager (Recruitment Operations)
We have a lot of UK customers so definitely not a problem :-)
Monday, July 18, 2022
James T.
I also have nearly 3 years experience dealing with customers while working in a busy farm shop which is a job I love, and I really like rising to the challenges that each shift there brings for me.
Monday, July 18, 2022
This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.
Did you find this discussion helpful?